Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cycling Carson City

I’ve been writing for the Facility Bike Club blog for a few years now, but I feel that it has started to overfill its rim. The subject matter focuses on our lunch time riding group, and doesn’t give enough attention to all that is going on in Carson City. It also excludes many writing riders that may want to contribute.

From what I’ve seen, there are many cyclists in the area, but no real sense of a cycling community. I wanted to create a place to share local bicycling news, information, pictures, stories, art, and whatever else we can think of down the road.

My idea was to create a new blog, Cycling Carson City. The timing on this seems to be perfect, since I should be moving to Carson City within a month. I've always felt like an impostor of sorts, writing about all this stuff about Carson City, but not actually living there. I'll have a sense of legitimacy now!

As for the FBC blog, I think I'll keep it going. It's a bit less formal and silly than I expect this new blog to be. There will most likely be material cross linked and duplicated though. We'll see how it goes, and how much energy/creativity I have. This blog may become that blog...don't know yet!

If you are interested in contributing to Cycling Carson City, or just have some news or ideas you’d like to share, please send me an email. This new blog is just getting started, so expect some changes and growing pains as it finds its rhythm and style!

1 comment:

Jeff P said...

Good job! Exactly what our town needs. Thanks J-Mo.