Tuesday, December 05, 2006

2 Weeks Down - 5 To Go...

Today it has officially been 2 weeks since my accident, and one week since I saw the Orthopedic doctor. He told me at that appointment that as soon as I could to go ahead and walk on it (pain permitting). Well I had been trying to take a step ever since that appointment. Finally this past Saturday, I took my first step without the crutches. It was an incredibly freeing moment. I have been crutch-free ever since. Brent and I went Christmas shopping at Costco that day and I did pretty good. I had to use the cart every now and then to rest but other than that, it was great. I have to walk with the Aircast on so I still use the crutches to get in and out of the shower.

It is pretty comical to watch me walk, particularly up stairs so Brent has taken to calling me Frankenstein.

No comments: