Friday, September 29, 2006

Setting a Bad Example

My wife and I were picking up my son from school yesterday using the cruisers and bicycle trailer. We rode by what seemed to be a 100 yards of idling SUV's. Just sitting there idling. Burning a non-renewable resource, but not going anywhere. I rode right up to the front of the line.

On the way back, we decided to go the back way out of the school. This took us by the buses, and the kids boarding the buses. I'm riding along side, when this lady pokes her head out of the bus and starts yelling at me that I'm breaking the rules! There are no bikes allowed by the buses. She finished by telling me that I was setting a bad example for the kids. I've been out of public school for almost two decades, and I'm still getting yelled at!

I kept going anyway, and almost ran over two kids that ran in front of me. So I'll give her the "dangerous" part. But setting a bad example? What about the people out front idling their cars and going nowhere? Now I think that's a bad example!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Like in Mr. Mom:

"You're doing it wrong!"