Thursday, March 08, 2007

Snow Melt


The temperatures have been in the 50's at lunch time this week, and the snow is melting. As you can see in the picture, snow on the northern slopes is still present, but the southern exposures are in good shape. No snow angels this week. It's even been warm enough for insect life to emerge! I saw a caterpillar crawling along yesterday, and I think I may have eaten the 1st butterfly of spring on Monday.



Sandie and Barbara head down the single track.



Kristy descending the single track with Carson City in the background.

4 comments:

~ lauren said...

kristy's got a nice little specialized!

i thought about one of those but ended up getting the blur instead.

Chris said...

Looks like another great day of riding in Carson City.

The Old Bag said...

Wow -- gorgeous scenery!

Kristy said...

I am very happy with my Stumpy. I upgraded the brakes and just put longer bars on it. It fits me perfectly and it is a blast to ride! I am not familiar with the "blur" so I will check it out.