Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bike Wash

This weekend was a rest weekend. Kristy was out of town, so the boy and I were left to fend for ourselves. Saturday, the boy and I rode down to the Shady Grove Coffee Company for drinks and a few games of Connect Four. Later in the day we drove up to the Sierras for a long soak at Grover Hot Springs. I soaked and stretched in the hot mineral bath until my body became rubberized.

Today we were treated to temperatures in the 60's! I put on some shorts and decided to wash the bikes. This would be an easy task for most people. It's quite an undertaking for me though. I got to most of them... Some bikes were pretty dirty, as it's been too cold to get the hose out. I had a big smile when I saw how shiny they were underneath all the dirt and grime!

7 comments:

Snakebite said...

Temps in the 60's??? You lucky bastard. It's been frickin' COLD here the past week and this next week doesn't look much better. How about a pic that shows your fleet a bit better? ;-)

Scott said...

Thats a beautiful sight!

Jeff said...

There are a few bikes missing from this picture too... It's hard to photograph them because of the light and amount of room in the garage. I think I might need to bring them all outside in the sun for a decent photo shoot.

Yep. 60's. Got the bicycle shorts out of storage today!

lauren said...

holy moly! look at all those bikes!

Chris said...

Is the chopper yours?

Jeff said...

Lauren - Yeah, I have an addiction.

Chris - Yes, the black chopper is mine, the Pink one is Kristy's. Here's a better picture from last year's POKER RUN. Sandie and Brent's (FBC contributors) bikes are there too.

rigtenzin said...

Those choppers look fun.