Thursday, May 17, 2007

Yes, the Flume Trail is Open!


Yesterday, Amy and I rode the Flume Trail starting from Spooner Lake finishing up in Carson City. From Spooner we went up North Canyon to Marlette Lake. The trail was clear and all the snow had melted accept for just a couple of snow patches up by the lake.


Once we reached the Flume we literally ran into Jeff F. He rode with us a bit when we ran into Jeff P. and Max who had been clearing off the large tree trunks that had fallen and blocked the trail during the winter. They had little "bobs" that they pulled behind to carry the equipment needed to clear the trail. They were really cool!

We came to the Red Flume House road by way of Patti's 3 mile hill. This part of the trail had not been cleared yet and we had to walk over 5-6 trees. Then we climbed up Sawmill Road and made our way to lakeview. I missed Hobart Lake somehow, I must have been climbing so intently I went right passed it. It was funny, I actually asked Amy, "is that Hobart?" when I could see Washoe Lake.


What a beautiful trail! I stopped and took many pictures. I just couldn't believe at each turn the view was even more amazing than the previous one. The colors, the air, the views, wow! I can't wait to do it again. Next time maybe even exploring some of the rim trail. I am excited that it is the beginning of the season and I have already done the Flume. Too cool!

I took too many pictures to post here, but you can see the rest of the photos HERE.

8 comments:

Marcus said...

YESSS! I'm a blog-o-holic. Chainsaws on the bob trailers. That is sweet. That snow plant is cool too. What a treat to be up there so early in the season.

Scott said...

I shall be sure to come visit after all the hard work is done. Basically I can't come visit until later in the summer anyway.

Unknown said...

That looks like an awesome place to ride. Wish we had sights like that here in the Midwest!

Brent said...

Scott... bummer of all bummers, Todd Snider will not be playing at Hawkins this summer! You'll have to just come for the sole (soul) reason of riding bikes!

Brent said...

I just noticed there is a photo of Mountain Bike Hall of Famer Max! I play soccer with that dude.

Jeff Moser said...

Yep, that's Max Jones in the second picture.

shawnkielty said...

so -- what is that red stuff?

Jeff Moser said...

The Red Stuff is Snow Plant.