Monday, November 06, 2006

If You Like Pina Coladas

On Friday Scott (Sarge), Jeff, Barbara, and I headed out for the lunch ride. It was a bit overcast but still warm and just a bit drizzly. Perfect riding conditions - I even said that to Barbara as we were climbing C3. We got to the top and were resting at the tree when it started to rain. Luckily at this point in the ride, we are headed back to the office.

I don't ride in the rain, cos I have half a brain. Also because not one piece of riding gear that I own is waterproof. Not even my new bad ass knicks. It is also because it is just miserable. It was not just sprinkling either, it was raining. Scott said I was whining, he is probably right.

I was not so thankful for my copiously vented Giro helmet and Specialized shoes on this day. When I got back to the office and took off my sock I wrung it out and I swear a cup of water came out. You could hear my feet squishing as I walked. I was in sad shape so my office mate Jared snapped this picture. You can't see it in the photo, but there is water dripping from my hair. Now I have people in the office bringing me ponchos and what not for my next ride. Making sure I am prepared, whatever like THAT is ever going to happen again.

I like Pina Coladas
And the feel of the ocean
And the taste of champagne

No comments: