Monday, October 29, 2007

Wooly

How about that last post, huh? A comedic piece that turned rant! I loved the discussion though! I'd like to lighten up the mood a little bit tonight though, and slip into something a bit woolier.

In a previous post we debated the coolness of shorts over your tights. There were some for the look, and some against this abomination. Some readers were even inspired to take fashion to areas not yet explored. Tights over jeans? Smudgemo has the full review.

The suggestion of knickers came up in a couple comments and settled in the back of my mind. While cleaning out the garage this weekend, I happened upon my Father's Nordic Ski outfit from a decade long passed. I snickered at first, but then the revelation came to me. Wool is hip. So are knickers. Mork from Ork's rainbow suspenders were also cool.

What you now see before you, is the outfit that can be plainly worn about public and the trail alike, appealing to both the young and the very old, worn free of scorn and ridicule, and appreciated by those with the most discriminating taste.

11 comments:

Mike said...

I don't get it. Is that supposed to be funny? I wear knickers EVERY DAY! Now you're an anti-knickerite!!!

-M

Jeff Moser said...

Here we go again...

Snakebite said...

Those socks make that outfit!

Tim said...

Dude, leave your lunch money at home, or bullies will take it from you.

Unknown said...

I think you need a belt.
Just in case.

WOOL: Love it or leave it!

Marcus said...

Hey, now you wont have to worry about the " Jedi " thing. In that getup you will be Stoppin traffic.

Todd said...

That looks almost as cool as Daisy Dukes.

~ lauren said...

oh i get it now.

that's a halloween costume, right?

bryan said...

you look like a leprechaun.

Jeff Moser said...

You think this is a freakin' costume? This is a way of life!! - Return of the Living Dead

Actually, I did purchase some new loose fitting fall/winter tights from REI last weekend. It's been too warm to try them out, but I'll get pictures and review up as soon as I try them!

Marcus said...

Omigosh! its tha omish magician cyclist from the mork and mindy show!