I decided to read the article's comments, hoping to see some thankfulness and other gracious remarks. Here are a few of the heart warmers that really stood out:
- "I wish people who ride bikes would stay off the damn road!"
- "Lycra-wearing limp-wrists expect others to pay for their fun. Why do taxpayers have to pay for others' hobbies?"
- "Just because your vehicle is bigger and gas-powered doesn't give you rights above theirs - But that is a tough argument to win when you are being dragged under a Humvee!"
- "Lycra-covered bithyclithts should pay for their hobby. Bike lanes are a good thing. Now get off your lycra-coveredand start building them with your money."
- "Roads are built for motor vehicles using gas tax dollars. You and your limp-wristed, lycra-wearing bithyclithts expect someone else to pay. Why can't you pay for your hobby, like the rest of us do? Oh, that's right... YOU ARE A SCUM-SUCKING, PANTY-WAISTED, LIMP-WRISTED LIBERAL."
- "Nice bike racks - now move them to San Fransicko"
- "'Muscle Powered bicycle rack' That is an oxymoron. Bicyclists have no muscles... Now, if it was a 'lycra-powered bithycle rack', that would be understandable..."
- "I love bicyclists. They make lovely hood ornaments."
- "More bikes=more targets=more fun"
I could go on and on, but you get the picture. The citizens are appreciative as you can see.
It appears even the newspaper thinks these comments are in good taste and are conducive to the discussion. Their disclaimer, "We reserve the right to delete any comments which are in bad taste or not conducive to the discussion."
Do you all have this same problem in your part of the country, or did all the morons just settle here?