Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My 1st Front Wheelie

It has been about 5 months since I joined the gang and although I have crashed a lot it has mostly been what is called the clipless pedals learning curve. In fact, I have been known to actually get blown over by the wind. Until today that is… I am riding down the backside of Lakeview and I get to that spot where it is like a garden, the fresh loamy dirt. My front tire digs in and turns and I feel my back end going up in the air and suddenly I am flying through the air….and did a face plant straight into a bush. I get up and there is a perfect hand print there in the snow. You know the kind that you make for your mom out of plaster. Then I hear Jeff yelling from the bottom of the hill “you ok?” I got back on my bike and rode down the rest of the hill. It was rad.

No comments: