Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bicycle Addiction

I have been riding a bike since I was a kid but not really riding until recently. I am past the sore butt stage and the falling down stage (I hope) and now I am really starting to enjoy riding. I am learning that in order to improve I need to push myself harder and harder each time. Knowing that my rate of improvement is directly proportional to the pressure I give myself. Now each time I ride I can't stop pushing myself, it's as if I crave it. I am addicted to the pressure because I do get better and better each time. Plus each time it's more fun too! Conquering parts of the trail that were too difficult the day before are now easier. My life is starting to revolve around it and I can't seem to get enough, sounds like an addict doesn't it!

I am sure my friends and family think I am nuts. Riding several times a week, buying winter riding gear and planning my day around the ride. One of my friends asked me if I was going to start racing. Yeah right! I am just a beginner gone nuts! I am sure my erratic behavior has caused alarm but I hope that the positive glow will shine through. I don't even seem to mind the after ride fatigue that used to stop me dead in my tracks. Funny, I even enjoy it now.

I am glad I finally listened to my husband who has been trying to get me to ride with him for several years.

Lets, go ride!

No comments: