Soma Fabrications, and is made from a 60% Hemp, 40% Cotton blend. Why is this cool you ask? Hemp is an organic crop, and can be grown without pesticides. Similar seat bags are made from nylon, which is a petroleum product. Nobody that reads this blog needs an explanation on why we need to use less petroleum products!
Here are some interesting hemp facts (from the label that came with the bag):
1. The first American flag was made of hemp fabric.
2. The Constitution was written on hemp paper.
3. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were hemp farmers.
4. The first Model A Ford was built to run on hemp methanol fuel.
5. The first blue jeans were made out of hemp fabric.
This bag holds a spare tube, patch kit, tire levers, and a few wrenches for about $10. Soma has a full line of hemp cycling bags, so go check them out!